DYNAMIX DANCE ACADEMY
We are excited to announce that this September we will begin work on our first school performance, to be performed in February 2020!
Every dancer at Dynamix Dance Academy will be invited to perform in our show, which we hope will become a biannual event! Although it is not compulsory, it is a great experience that we encourage as many people to take part in!
If you do decide not to take part in the show, you are still able to come to rehearsals, be part of the process and even play a role in designing set, props, and costumes so that part of you is still on stage!
Date: Sunday 16th February 2020
Location: Kennington Village Centre, Kennington Road, Oxford, OX1 5PG
Time to arrive: 4:30 TBC
Show Time: 5:30 TBC
Whole School Rehearsal: Sunday 12th January (Wood Farm Main Hall) 2020 14:45- 18:15 (slots will be allocated for different classes and ages).
Dress/Technical Rehearsal: Sunday 9th February 2020 (Kennington Village Centre) Times TBC.
Workshop Days: Exploring the theme, theatre craft and etiquette, performance tips, makeup and costumes. Parents will be invited to a stage makeup/ hair session during one of these! Students will attend their regular classes.
Wednesday 11th September 2019 (This is a replacement class for the one missed on 10th July 2019)
Saturday 14th September 2019 (Replacement for Saturday 21st September 2019)
Monday 16th September 2019
Wednesday 18th September 2019
Thursday 19th September 2019.
What we ask of you
In order to make the most of the experience, we do require parents, guardians and students to do the following:
- Ensure full attendance except in extreme cases. We understand that children get poorly and emergencies happen, but if your child can be at the rehearsal, we really appreciate their attendance. even if they’re able to watch, take notes, or stand in their place. It makes choreographing, rehearsing and polishing much easier, both for students and teachers. If you must miss a class or rehearsal, please let us know ASAP.
- Be Punctual. Turning up late to class, rehearsals and shows can be just as disruptive as not being there at all.
- Honour your commitment. By this we mean, if you agree to take part, you do so. Again unless in extreme cases, we ask that once you have agreed to take part, you see it through to curtain down at the end of the show! Dropping out of the show once we’ve begun choreography, essentially means starting again, and teaching students new spacing etc, which can be super confusing!
- Bring your biggest bag of enthusiasm! We’re going to need chaperones, people to help front of house, people to run a bar, people to help fund raise… The more of you that help, the easier everything becomes.
- Trust the process! Yes, there will be long days, rules for the theatre, and things your child will need to wear and not wear amongst other things. We are ALWAYS happy to explain why these things need to happen but I assure you, they are tried and tested methods, based on experience, that work best to ensure your child’s safety and the shows success.
Tickets will be available nearer the time, and will be available to purchase from your class teacher.